Similar to GC Tooth Mousse, Tooth Mousse Plus contains RECALDENT TM (CPP-ACP) and fluoride (CPP-ACPF: casein phosphopeptide-amorphous calcium phosphate fluoride). The role of fluoride in strengthening and protecting teeth has been long understood and it is recognised that controlled fluoride uptake into teeth helps to promote a stronger and more acid resistant tooth structure.
The level of fluoride in Tooth Mousse Plus is 0.2%, or 900 parts per million (ppm) fluoride ions, a level just below that found in normal adult-strength toothpastes (1000ppm).
Fluoride together with calcium and phosphate in the correct ratio, is more effective at providing greater anti-caries protection.
Tooth Mousse Plus is recommended for patients age above 6 as it contains a similar level of fluoride found in adult-strength toothpastes. For children under 6 years of age, fluoride-free Tooth Mousse will be a better alternative.
GC Tooth Mousse Plus could be helpful:
- if you have an acidic oral environment
- if you have active decay in your mouth
- if you have white spot lesions
- if you have sensitive teeth
- if you have erosion or tooth wear
- if you are undertaking tooth whitening procedure
- if you are undertaking orthodontic treatment
- if you suffer from dry mouth
- if you are susceptible to dehydration from sporting activities or outdoor work
- if you are suffering from morning sickness during pregnancy
- if you are at increased risk of decay as a result of medical conditions (e.g. diabetes)
- if you have low saliva flow rate as a result of prescription medications
Tooth Mousse & Tooth Mousse Plus contains RECALDENT™ (CPP-ACP); Casein Phosphopeptide (CPP) are natural occurring molecules which are able to release calcium and phosphate ions and stabilize Amorphous Calcium Phosphate (ACP)
- RECALDENT™ (CPP-ACP) is milk-derived with lactose content less than 0.01%*
*Casein phosphopeptides (CPP) are derived from milk casein. Do not use this material if you have a proven or suspected milk protein allergy and/or with a sensitivity or allergy to benzoate preservatives.
Always consult the instructions for use and contraindications prior to use.